Spiritual & Psychological First Aid
COURSE HAS BEGUN-REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. CHECK CALENDAR FOR FUTURE COURSE DATES.
This interactive and engaging 16-hour course (four weekly 4 hour modules) incorporates application of learned principles through practical scenarios and group interaction. The spiritual and psychological principles presented can be administered by anyone (regardless of formal education or licensure) to anyone in the aftermath of crisis or critical events. This course truly provides a solid foundation for people helping people.
Participants will learn:
1. How to prepare and maintain their spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical health to be ready to care for others.
2. How to listen and provide ministry of presence as the foundation for care.
3. What to say and what to avoid saying in moments of crisis.
4. The process of care:
*Assess – the circumstance, environment, and individual
*Assist – in ways that meet the needs identified through assessment.
*Enlist – by identifying and tapping into resources of other individuals and organizations to round out a care plan.
5. How to navigate special circumstances in crisis in a way that starts and continues a healing process for survivors
6. How to spiritually fortify survivors while maintaining ethical practices of sharing faith in crisis
All course curriculum is covered during course dates and time frames. There is no additional homework assignments or required reading. Recommended reading and printable resources will be provided during the course.