Disaster Spiritual & Emotional Care Training
” A compassionate presence is an invaluable gift that a disaster spiritual care provider offers a survivor” (National VOAD Spiritual Care Guidelines).
Appropriate and respectful spiritual and emotional care significantly contributes to the holistic healing of those experiencing crisis and trauma. This course highlights the spiritual and emotional needs of disaster survivors and will assist you in employing your specific gifts, experiences, and skillsets to provide collaborative and compassionate care.
- Receive National VOAD Points of Consensus on Emotional and Spiritual Care in Disasters
- Define common emotional and spiritual needs of disaster survivors
- Define and discuss the meaning of “respect for diversity in the provision of spiritual care”
- Assess and evaluate the meaning of the “ministry of presence”
- Connect with other spiritual and emotional care providers and community resources
- Gain clarity on the mobilization process
- Receive an individual resilience assessment tool
NOTE: Once registration is complete, the necessary participation information will arrive in your email inbox. Please do check your spam or junk folder if your confirmation email does not arrive within a few minutes. Contact email@example.com or at 828.278.8989 if you do not receive a confirmation email.